Monday, March 2, 2009

Ice Fishing In 08-09 Is Coming To An End!


The temps were perfect for a fantastic ice fishing season all winter. My buddy Brent and I have had a lot of good times fishing the hard water this year, and have caught a bunch of nice fish to reward out hard work.

Here is what I consider the catch of the season. A 2.6 lb Perch fell victim to Brent's hand. This fish was just shy of a state record.





The fish was one of many nice ones caught on this day on Eaton Reservoir!

Here's a couple of nice Crappie I caught minutes after the perch. I couldn't let Brent show me up with that hog Perch!





I absolutely love ice fishing. There is just something about hanging out in my shanty catching 'gills, perch, and bass. We fished hard this winter under some tuff conditions, but I can always rely on Brent to go know matter what the Mother Nature dishes out.

Here's a picture of some of the weather we went through this year. It reached minus zero a bunch of times this year, but we still held strong and fished hard.




All in all it was a fantastic season, and I just can't wait to get my two son's involved in this exciting sport!

I'm sure we'll be able to get on some ice for a few more weeks somewhere on the inland lankes, but I'm ready for summer. It's been a long and cold winter!

It won't be long before I'm on a good pre-spawn Bass bite....And it just can't get here fast enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks For Visiting

If you liked my blog or you have a question that I may be able to help you out with in regards to bass fishing in Erie, don't hesitate sending me an email. You can email me by clicking on my profile, and you'll see the link. It goes right to my phone so I get it quickly. Also, if you have something to share, please do so.

Tight Lines,

-Mike